Tuesday 22 July 2008

Resume

Recently I made again the exercise of re-writing my resume. A task that makes me feel strange. From one side it is a piece of paper where one tries to write the best achievements of their life, career wise.
However, the real achievements can not be written. These have to do with strengthening one's character, with having to put up with people that are abnoxious, unprofessional, political, unfriendly, jealous, and make your life a living hell. After working for about 20 years, I find that the biggest achievement in my life is that of tolerating people that I don't necessarily get along and managing to get the best out of them in any common project.
Endurance, patience, persistence, building talent, listenting to criticism - lawful or unlawful - saving face, learing from mistakes, learning not to trust, learning who to trust, managing to find intrinsic motives, remaining visible, empowering others, getting along with your manager, engaging colleagues, making it to the end. I find these some of my biggest achievements that unfortunately can not be mentioned.
My guess though is that any experienced manager should be able to get the level of maturity of the candidate for the job at the first interview. The question is how much are they taken under consideration in the hiring process

No comments:

Pugs are the superior creatures in any planet

Don't you wish you were hot like Frankie (the Pug)???